We respect your right to privacy and treat our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation very seriously. MTG Solicitors and this Site complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation. We will keep your Personal Information confidential except to the extent that it is necessary to disclose it by law or to fulfil a legal process or in order to provide a product or service that you have requested. Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to access the information regarding yourself we hold. An official fee is payable.
General Data Protection Regulation
This GDPR compliant policy is for this Site (www.mtgsolicitors.com) serviced by MTG Solicitors and governs the privacy of its users who choose to use it. It explains how we comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
Personal Data You Provide
Your privacy is important to us. By providing Personal Information such as your name and e-mail address via the forms on this Site, you agree to us contacting you with regard to the information provided.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the data you provide via this Site to:
– communicate with you, for example: we use contact details such as email address or phone number when responding to enquiries made via online forms
– monitor website trends, for example: we use Google Analytics to help us aggregate traffic so we can monitor how the website is being used
– operate our business more effectively, for example: we seek feedback and use this to help improve our service
Information Collection and Use Via Email
To the extent permitted by law, we may monitor electronic communications for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies. We may also collect email traffic headers (“from”, “to” and timestamp fields) for analysing patterns of network traffic and managing client relationships, although please note that any communications with e-mail addresses which are not associated with a company e-mail address are automatically excluded.
In the case of information which may be given to us by you as a prospective client, or as an existing client in respect of a prospective transaction, dispute or other matter, we will assume unless you notify us to the contrary before the relevant information is given to us and we accept the position, that:
1. such information is not confidential and accordingly you will not seek to restrict us from acting for any other person or disclosing such information to any client or prospective client, whether or not in respect of any matter in which you may be involved or may have an interest, unless you become a client in which case relevant rules concerning conflicts of interest and confidentiality will apply,
2. such information is not subject to confidentiality obligations owed to a third-party or
3. if such information is subject to a confidentiality obligation owed to a third-party that it is not being given to us in breach of such obligation.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We may require basic information which identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your name, email address and phone number, in order to enable you to take advantage of particular services that we offer, for example when you send us a question/request from our “contact us” page or further information on a specific department. We will only use such Personal Information for the purposes of providing information which you have requested, or for other purposes set out in these Terms.
We may collect the following information:
– name and job title
– company or organisation
– contact information including email address and telephone number(s)
– demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
– other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
– information pertinent to fulfilling our legal services on an individual’s or organisation’s behalf; and
– information relating to recruitment
Upon your consent, we may on occasion make use of Personal Information that we collect in order to help us administer the Site and/or for marketing purposes. And for instance, send you information about our services, and selected third-parties, that we feel might be of particular interest to you.
If you do not wish for MTG Solicitors to make use of your Personal Information in this way, please email email@example.com
The only exception to this are the following:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings);
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend the legal rights of MTG Solicitors; or
4. to provide services to you and to manage our international client relationships we will not disclose your Personal Information to any other party.
Employees, contractors and agents of MTG Solicitors may be given access to any Personal Information which we collect without consent, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing. Our employees, contractors and agents who have access to your Personal Information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the Site or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
Right To Be Forgotten
From 25 May 2018, you can ask that we erase all Personal Information that we hold about you. Where it is appropriate that we comply, your request will be fully actioned within 30 days. For further information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at MTG Solicitors, Warley Chambers, Warley Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0PX or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Controlling Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You are legally entitled to request details of the Personal Information which we hold about you, under the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018.
If you would like a copy of your information, believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or have any other data protection related issues or queries, please contact MTG Solicitors via email at email@example.com
Correction, Update and Deletion of the Personal Data
MTG Solicitors will provide you with a possibility to ensure that the personal data you provided to us is accurate and up to date. You can request correction, update and deletion of your Personal Information via e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use reasonable efforts to contact you regarding your request.
In case you chose to be on a mailing list for periodic email updates regarding MTG Solicitors services and events, you also can use this e-mail address (email@example.com) to send us a notification that you no longer want to receive such information. We will cease sending you this information and you may change your choice at any time.
If you wish to stop receiving communications from us, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The supervisory authority in the UK for data protection matters is the Information Commissioner (ICO). If you think your data protection rights have been breached in any way by us, you are able to make a complaint to the ICO.