This visa type applies to migrants from outside of Europe that are eligible to settle permanently in the UK. You have to have lived legally in the UK for a certain length of time which means you may be able to apply for permission to settle here which is know as 'indefinite leave to remain'.

There were new Immigration Rules that came into force on 9 July 2012 which changed the length of time that family members must be in the UK before applying for settlement.

If you are currently in the UK, your right to apply for settlement will depend on your current immigration category. You should read the web pages for your category (in Working in the UK, Partners and families or Asylum) to find out whether and when you can currently apply for settlement.

If you are considering applying for settlement in the future, please note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change. You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when you make your application.

Most applicants for settlement must show that they have a knowledge of language and life in the UK.

Contact Us

MTG Solicitors is committed to making its services as competitively priced and as cost-effective as possible. Find out more about how we can help you: Call 020 3026 2548 or contact us online.